24 June 2009

The hypocrisy is staggering

Another righteous, religious-Christian Republican politician bites the dust:

Republican Gov. Sanford admits extramarital affair

After going missing for a few days, the governor of South Carolina admitted that not only was he in Argentina (which first off I don't think is that big a deal), but he had an affair with an Argentinian...woman, I am assuming. The article doesn't actually say, but for the sake of fairness I'll just assume it was a woman. Although the alternative kinda gives me a nice giggle.

But oh! The hypocrisy! Here's another one of these righteous, God-Is-Good Republicans preaching about how we need to be faithful to our spouses and not have sex with people we are not married to....banging another woman. Tsk, tsk.

You know, I don't give a crap if you want to tell people to be righteous and monogamous and abstinent, but at least practice what you preach, how about? Let us not tell other people what they ought to be doing and then do differently ourselves. Evidently, there's a lot of people out there who rule by the "do as I say, not as I do" example.

Yes, yes, I know that not only Republicans have affairs. Look at Eliot Spitzer. But it's usually the Repubs who are the ones spouting about the church and abstinence and being faithful...and then they're also the ones who end up DOING all the shit they tell you not to do. "Uneasy lies the head that wears the crown," evidently. Look at Larry Craig. And Ted Haggard.

Yes, you're leading by righteous example now! And Jesus thanks you for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment