12 January 2010

I'm making that Lewis Black confused sound again

I love a good hypocrisy to stir things up.

I just had the pleasure of seeing a bumper sticker that read, "Forget the tea. Pass the tar and feathers!"

Do people really think that the next step after their ridiculous tea parties should be tarring and feathering people they disagree with? I think we got a misrepresented view of tarring and feathering when we learned about the American Revolution in the 5th grade. For some reason it seems romantic to us, a vision of "American Spirit" and telling the British what's what and all that.

That being said, I don't believe that most people realize that tarring and feathering a person could KILL THEM. Out and out KILL THEM. The hot tar burns so badly that in most cases they will die, and if they live, chances are they'll have no skin. Yeah, fun.

So, what these people are saying is, essentially, the age-old adage of "You disagree with me, so I'm going to kill you." Yeah, that's great. "I disagree with your liberal taxes and so therefore I am going to steal you from your home, rip your clothes off and dump a barrel of scalding hot tar on your body and then, to add insult to injury, throw feathers on you."

Jesus would totally agree with you, man. Kill the fuckers who don't agree with you, it's cool. As long as you come back to Church on Sunday.

WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH THIS COUNTRY

No comments:

Post a Comment